- B.A., Hiram College, cum laude
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Florida Bar Association (City, County and Local Government Law section)
As a starting defender on the Hiram College soccer team, Michael traveled the Midwest. He has completed coursework in Cambridge, England, studied botany on Andros Island and backpacked by himself through Europe. Michael moved to Florida to attend law school in St. Petersburg, Florida. After completing law school in 2 1/2 years, Michael took and passed the Florida and Ohio bar examinations. The day he was sworn into the bar, Michael opened his own law practice in Ohio where he enjoyed practicing in local government, consumer and employment law. After six years of practice in Ohio, Michael and his wife, Terri, missed the sunshine and moved their family of four back to Florida for Michael to practice local government law. Michael’s practice focuses on the relationship between local government and its citizens. He also has significant litigation experience in both state and federal courts.
- Provides legal services in the establishment of community development districts and other special districts.
- Provides legal services to community development districts and other special districts on matters related to contracts, real property, public procurement, construction, finance, and local governments.
- Provides legal services to local governments in the foreclosure of special assessment liens and the defense of special assessment liens in bankruptcy court.
- Prior representation of Ohio municipalities and school districts.
Representative Published Decisions
- Bach v. First Union National Bank, No. 04-3899, 149F. App’x 354 6th Circuit (August 22, 2005)
- Bach v. First Union National Bank, 486 F.3d 150, 6th Circuit (2007)
- Wolfe v. Walsh, Ohio-185 (2008)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Public Finance Law, 2023; Municipal Law; Public Finance Law, 2024