- J.D., University of Arkansas School of Law, 2003, cum laude
- B.S.B.A., University of Arkansas, 1999, Accounting
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Arkansas, 2003
- National Football Players Association, Registered Contract Advisor
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Washington County (Ark.) Bar Association
- Arkansas Pro Bono Partnership
As lead counsel, J.R. has tried numerous matters successfully receiving both defense and plaintiff verdicts for his clients. He serves as an engagement partner in the Fayetteville office focused on representing companies in all sizes from publicly traded Fortune 500 companies to small privately held companies in two main areas: products liability and complex commercial litigation. J.R., as lead counsel, has tried to verdict numerous different areas of litigation.
J.R has been named to The Best Lawyers in America© list by US News with regard to defense of manufacturers in product liability cases for the years 2017 through 2020. In December of 2017, J.R. received a defense verdict on behalf of a product manufacturer in a multi-million dollar wrongful death suit. Hill v. Kubota Corporation and Kubota Tractor Corporation, CV-2012-5795, Pulaski County Circuit Court.
J.R.’s background in accounting along with his legal background has allowed him to focus on all different forms of complex business litigation for his clients. Since 2013, he has been an adjunct professor at the University of Arkansas School of Law, and he is a registered NFL contract advisor representing players and coaches in a variety of matters including employment and endorsement contracts. In 2018, J.R. represented a player who was drafted in the first round. J.R. has negotiated contracts with almost all of the teams in the NFL.
- Defense verdict on behalf of a product manufacturer in a multi-million dollar wrongful death suit: Hill v. Kubota Corporation and Kubota Tractor Corporation, CV-2012-5795, Pulaski County Circuit Court.
- Plaintiff's Verdict in favor of Hunnicutt Construction Inc. on breach of oral construction contract: Hunnicutt Construction Inc. v. Waller, CV-2003-1016 Washington County Circuit Court.
- Defense Verdict in favor of the Ozark Mountain Smokehouse regarding allegations of negligence and design: Meadows v. Ozark Mountain Smokehouse, CV-2005-400 Crawford County Circuit Court.
- Defense Verdict in favor of Moore U.S. Mail Contractors, Inc. regarding allegations of negligence of defendant driver who was cited for failure to yield to plaintiff: Marron v. U.S. Mail Contractors, Inc., CV-2008-376 Washington County Circuit Court, affirmed on appeal CA-09-853.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2017 - 2020
- Arkansas Business Journal, 40 under 40, 2013
- Northwest Arkansas Business Journal, 40 under 40, 2013