- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, magna cum laude
- B.A., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Kasey has significant experience litigating cases, as well as obtaining summary judgement on discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims, involving:
- Title VII
- The Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”)
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (“USERRA”)
- State anti-discrimination laws
She has successfully defended employers against charges of discrimination, harassment and retaliation filed with federal, state and local administrative agencies as well as against charges filed with the National Labor Relations Board. Kasey also specializes in drafting, analyzing and litigating restrictive covenants related to employment and sales of businesses.
Employers turn to Kasey for counseling on day-to-day issues such as employee discipline, wage payment, drug testing, application of the ADA and the FMLA, termination, unemployment and workers’ compensation issues.
- Successfully defended clients in employment matters in Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Texas and Tennessee, on matters filed under Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, the FMLA and USERRA.
- Represented clients in connection with noncompete agreements, nondisclosure agreements and other restrictive covenants, corporate raiding, misappropriation of trade secrets and breaches of fiduciary duties by employees, officers or directors.
- Litigated employment arbitrations pending before FINRA, the AAA and JAMS.
- Provides daily counsel to employers related to personnel issues, employee handbooks, policies and procedures, leaves of absence and in drafting employment agreements, restrictive covenants, severance agreements and termination documents, among other employment-related documents.