- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, cum laude
- B.A., Vanderbilt University
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
John, Chair of the Denver office's Litigation Practice Group, has an extensive background in representing financial institutions as well as in commercial litigation, creditors' rights and bankruptcy. John's main practice and experience focuses on commercial and corporate litigation disputes and he has managed a substantial number of complex litigation matters that involve real estate, construction, securities, business torts, fiduciary breach claims, lender liability and shareholder disputes. His practice also involves numerous creditors' rights issues and he represents secured lenders in commercial bankruptcy cases.
- Counsel to a financial institution and bondholders in a complex chapter 11 bankruptcy and related litigation which involved defaulted bonds. Successfully obtained a dismissal of the bankruptcy case and litigation.
- Successfully represented a financial institution in a breach of fiduciary duty matter, in which the institution served as a trustee of various trusts, and obtained a resolution of asserted claims.
- Successfully defended a large construction company in complex chapter 11 bankruptcy cases in which the company’s mechanic’s liens were challenged on various grounds by other secured creditors and trustees.
- Counsel to a large franchisor on a variety of business litigation and bankruptcy matters dealing with lien priority disputes.
- Represented a large secured lender in a matter based on allegations of failure to fund a loan commitment.
- Counsel to a national real estate company resulting in the successful defense of breach of contract and fraud claims relating to the marketing and sale of commercial real estate.
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV Preeminent®
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2007-2016