- J.D., Thomas Jefferson School of Law, cum laude
- B.A., Kansas State University
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Anna is a trial lawyer who represents clients in a wide variety of cases, including breaches of fiduciary duties, contract disputes, theft of trade secrets, commercial and consumer auto finance, and creditors’ rights issues. She counsels clients during the litigation process, including advising on risk management strategies, and representing clients through mediation, arbitration, trial, and appeal. Anna is particularly adept at navigating the discovery phase of litigation. She will skillfully manage data collections, productions, depositions, and motion practice in even the most cumbersome cases. A member of the firm’s eDiscovery Practice Group, she is well-versed in document management systems and the latest ESI issues. In addition, Anna devotes a portion of her time to pro bono work. The Kansas City Office “adopted” a neighborhood on the east side of Kansas City, and Anna works with that neighborhood to rehabilitate homes throughout the neighborhood. Anna also is a board member of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation, and a co-chair and volunteer attorney for Legal Connection: Military Matters. Military Matters provides free to low cost legal services to active duty military and veterans in the Kansas City area.
- "Military Matters: Connecting Veterans to Legal Services," Kansas City Live, December 2018 (discussion leader)
- Integral member of trial team in legal malpractice action involving underlying claim for misappropriation of trade secrets, which culminated in three week jury trial and $11.1 million verdict, plus punitive damages, in favor of firm client.
- Successfully assisted in the representation of a local manufacturer against multiple breach of contract claims, one exceeding $30 million, which required management of large document review team, and detailed understanding of complex purchase agreement and construction issues.
- Added to eDiscovery team just months before trial in a multi-million dollar misappropriation of trade secrets case to manage review and production of thousands of client documents. Representation also included preparation of detailed responses to various pre- and post-trial motions related to the eDiscovery production process.
- In an action for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duties against pre-acquisition due diligence provider, managed discovery phase of arbitration (including extensive document review, complex motion practice, and experts), leading to mutually beneficial settlement.
- Through innovative motion practice, obtained judgment in breach of contract action; then managed discovery process in damages phase of litigation, leading to more than $500,000 damage award.
- Obtained dismissal of a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act action based upon communications with consumer's counsel, which dismissal was affirmed on appeal. Tinsley v. Integrity Financial Partners, 634 F.3d 416 (7th Cir. 2011).
- After securing a $5 million judgment on a commercial note, advanced the case toward execution and collected substantial sums on behalf of lender.
- Reoccurring presenter on ethics, including three-time presenter at Kutak Rock’s CLE for In-House Counsel – Protecting Corporate Interests and two-time presenter at Kutak Rock’s Annual Employment Law Seminar