- J.D., University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Law
- B.A., Westminster College
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Kansas Federal Court
- Missouri State Courts
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) for the Western Missouri/Eastern Kansas Chapter, past president
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, past president
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri, past president
- Board of Trustees of the Law Foundation of the University of Missouri at Kansas City, past president
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, member
- Approved Mediator for United States District Court for Western District of Missouri
Jack concentrates his practice in commercial and civil cases involving business disputes and serious personal injury or death.
Jack has more than 40 years of experience with litigation and currently concentrates his practice as a mediator. He has mediated more than 400 cases with a high success rate. His mediation skills are recognized by both Plaintiffs’ and Defendants’ counsel. Jack is approved as a mediator for the United States District Court of Western Missouri in their Early Assessment Program. He has been chosen for induction into the Missouri Chapter of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. Membership is gained only through client interviews and peer votes from within the Academy.
Jack is an adjunct professor of Trial Advocacy at the University of Missouri at Kansas City School of Law. He has taught at numerous trial academies including the Missouri Bar Trial Academy, the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers Trial Academy, the Missouri Judicial Trial College and the International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy.
Jack was requested and served on the limited member Dean Selection Committee to select the new Dean for the UMKC Law School in 2018.
Jack is a past-president of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) for the Western Missouri/Eastern Kansas Chapter. ABOTA is a trial lawyer organization committed to the highest levels of advocacy, professionalism and congeniality. Membership is by invitation only, and only after an extensive nomination process involving legal professionals at both the local and national levels. Jack previously has served as secretary, treasurer and vice-president for the Western Missouri/Eastern Kansas Chapter.
He also is a past president of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, Legal Aid of Western Missouri, and Board of Trustees of the Law Foundation of the University of Missouri at Kansas City, among other organizations.
Jack has been named to the Best of the Bar in litigation by the Kansas City Business Journal and to the Top 100 Super Lawyers® list for Missouri and Kansas in litigation. His acknowledgments have included, among others, the Inaugural Legal Leader of the Year Award by the Daily Record, the Ben Ely, Jr. Outstanding Defense Lawyer for Missouri, and the Alumni Achievement Award in Law from Westminster College.
- Missouri Chapter of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals for 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Product Liability Litigation-Defendants; Product Liability Litigation-Plaintiffs, 2013-2021
- Named a Best of the Bar in litigation by the Kansas City Business Journal
- Named to the Top 100 Super Lawyers list for Missouri and Kansas in litigation
- Named Inaugural Legal Leader of the Year Award by the Kansas City Daily Record
- The Ben Ely, Jr. Outstanding Defense Lawyer for Missouri
- Super Lawyers®, 2005-2020