- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, Honor Roll
- M.B.A., University of Denver, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society; Data Mining
- B.S.B.A., University of Denver, magna cum laude, Statistics
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Prior to joining Kutak Rock, John worked for the Charter School Growth Fund, a non-profit venture capital fund investing in the nation's highest performing charter school operators, where he helped structure and close real estate loans to facilitate charter school facility transactions totaling more than $210 million. He also participated in operating investment transactions of more than $32 million. John served as a relationship manager for a number of charter schools, working closely with management teams, attending board meetings, and acting as a strategic thought partner.
John was previously a public school teacher and Diversity Facilitator for new teachers. He is an alumnus of the Teach for America Corps.
- Webinar presenter, Private Activity Bond Financing, Colorado Housing and Financing Authority (CHFA), August 2017. Audio here.
- Presenter, Denver Housing Authority and Teach for America, June 22, 2016. Outline here.