- J.D., University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
- A.B., Hamilton College
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
In court, Doug has served as lead counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants in more than a dozen trials and arbitrations, including several notable jury trials. He is also experienced at strategic positioning of complex cases for possible settlement or alternative dispute resolution.
- Lead counsel for title agency in securing defense verdict in trial to jury on $10.5 million claim alleging escrow officer negligence.
- Lead counsel for national REIT in securing defense verdict in trial to jury on commercial broker’s claim for commission following client’s purchase of a $32 million shopping center.
- Lead counsel for regional operator of apartment complexes in securing denial of class action certification in lawsuit alleging wrongful lease practices.
- Lead counsel for computer products distributor in securing summary judgment on $1.8 million products liability claim.
- Lead counsel for regional utility in securing $480,000 judgment against commercial landlord for breach of lease following trial to jury.
- Lead counsel for regional utility in securing highly favorable jury verdict in damages-only trial on $500,000+ personal injury claim.
Case of Interest:
- Mousa v. Saba, 222 Ariz. 581, 218 P.3d 1038 (App. 2009).