- J.D., University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Law, Dean's List
- B.S., University of Missouri-Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
J.P. advises and defends insurers in coverage matters across the country, including: California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Nebraska, Arkansas, Montana, South Dakota, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Mississippi and Kansas. While some clients seek J.P.'s coverage expertise prior to rendering a coverage determination, others seek out his skills as a bad faith litigation attorney to defend against multimillion-dollar bad faith and garnishment lawsuits. J.P. also routinely defends first-party insurance lawsuits, with a particular emphasis on fire losses and business interruption/extra expense claims.
In addition to coverage litigation, J.P. has significant experience in the area of professional liability, having represented attorneys, insurance brokers and health-care providers. He has jury trial experience and has drafted and argued a number of appellate briefs, including appearing before the Missouri Supreme Court.