Partners Jess Askew III and Andrew King to Present CLE Series in ArkansasNews | June 13, 2019
Jess Askew III and Andrew King, partners in the firm’s Little Rock office, will present a series of CLE programs in Little Rock and Fayetteville, Arkansas.
The program, titled “Class Action Myth Busters” will dispel various misconceptions about class action cases including:
- whether a class action complaint can be removed to federal court;
- whether putative class members are represented by counsel;
- whether an Arkansas state court can decide a dispositive motion while a class certification motion is pending;
- the effect of interlocutory class-actions appeals; and
- a defendant’s ability to defend a case after class certification.
On Wednesday, June 21, Andrew King will provide this presentation in Little Rock at the Pulaski County Bar Association’s 2019 Last Chance CLE. To learn more, click here.
Andrew King will present in Little Rock on Wednesday, June 26 and Jess Askew III will present on Thursday, June 27 in Fayetteville for the Arkansas Bar Association’s “Best of CLE” program. To learn more, click here.
Since 2014, Jess Askew III and Andrew King have defended dozens of class actions and secured favorable outcomes on a multitude of topics, including consumer rights, shareholder litigation, oil-and-gas leases, wage-and-hour claims, health care, insurance and products liability.