- J.D., University of Arkansas School of Law, magna cum laude; Articles Editor, Arkansas Law Review
- B.S., University of Arkansas, cum laude, Bodenhamer Fellow
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County (Ark.) Bar Association
- American Bar Association Council of Appellate Lawyers
- Volunteer Organization for Central Arkansas Legal Services, Board Member, 2012-2014
Andrew has defended dozens of class actions in state and federal court, many of which were dismissed before class certification. His energetic approach to class-action defense has saved his clients from years of difficult litigation and expense related to shareholder suits, mergers and acquisitions, retail sales, consumer lending, nursing homes, automobile finance, insurance, and several other industries.
Andrew is also an aggressive and accomplished creditor’s lawyer. Some of Andrew’s most high-profile work has come in the representation of creditors in high-stakes commercial foreclosures, bankruptcies, lender liability lawsuits, and appeals. He is the firm’s “go-to-guy” for any difficult debt collection or bankruptcy issue in Arkansas.
Andrew is an experienced advocate in all phases of the appellate process, including requests for extraordinary writs. He is also a frequent author and speaker on legal ethics and medical marijuana.
- “Cutting Through the Haze: Legal Ethics and Medical Marijuana, Arkansas Bar Association Best of CLE 2018, June 28, 2018 (presenter)
- "Ethical Legal Representation: Advising Clients on the Sale and Use of Marijuana," Ethics Continuing Legal Education Webinar sponsored by the American Bar Association, July 26, 2017 (panelist)
- "Corporate Ethics—Who is REALLY the Client?," Ethics Continuing Legal Education presentation at 1st Annual Windstream In-House CLE Program, June 29, 2017 (panelist)
- “Not Enough Green: Sticky problems from insolvency in the marijuana business,” The Arkansas Lawyer, forthcoming 2018
- “A Deceptive Trade-Off: How ADTPA Defendants Got the Old “Bait and Switch” under Act 986 of 2017,” Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel Newsletter, July 17, 2017
- “Arkansas Issue 6: Navigating the Weeds of State-Legal Medical Marijuana,” The Arkansas Lawyer, Winter 2017
Class Action Defense
- Defense of multiple shareholder lawsuits related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Defense of multiple nursing home class actions in state and federal court.
- Pre-certification dismissal of consumer class action against national education company alleging misleading advertising to students.
- Counsel for victorious defendants in class action for natural gas royalty class action, which resulted in a defense verdict at a federal-court jury trial.
- Class-wide settlement of consumer class action against automobile insurer alleging unlawful exercise of subrogation rights.
- Pre-certification dismissal of class actions against credit card lenders alleging unlawful entry of default judgments.
- Pre-certification dismissal of class actions against national used car dealership alleging violations of federal Truth in Lending Act (TILA) and state deceptive trade practices act.
- Pre-certification settlement of federal Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA) class action against bank alleging failure to provide required notice on ATMs.
- Pre-certification dismissal of class action against retailer alleging unlawful collection of statutory penalty against shoplifters.
- Pre-certification dismissal of class action against retailer alleging overcharges on eyewear products.
Commercial Lending Litigation
- Receivership and foreclosure of $35 million dollar commercial office park and related bankruptcies, lender-liability litigation, and appeal.
- Multi-state receivership and foreclosure of water bottling facilities in Arkansas and Mississippi.
- Representation of receiver in complex multi-party litigation involving sports memorabilia assets.
- Foreclosure of athletic club and related lender-liability and lien avoidance action in bankruptcy court.
- Receivership and foreclosure of apartment complex and related lender-liability litigation and bankruptcy.
- Replevin of transportation and equipment collateral and related bankruptcy litigation.
- Priority disputes among real estate mortgage lenders.
- Discovery of undisclosed assets and related garnishment litigation among multiple adverse claimants.
- Representation of creditors in fraudulent transfer lawsuits. Prosecution of bankruptcy adversary proceeding for denial of discharge.
- Defense of bankruptcy preference actions and other adversary proceedings.
- Construction lien perfection and foreclosure.
- Debt workouts, restructuring, and related litigation.
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "AV—Preeminent" Rating in Litigation, Commercial Law, and Business Law
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Magazine, “Rising Star,” 2016-2017
- Arkansas Business, “The New Influentials of 2010: 20 in their 20s”
- Lawyers' Professional Liability Levit Essay Contest, sponsored by the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Lawyers’ Professional Liability and Long & Levit, LLP, Winner, 2007