Compliance with federal and state reimbursement program and non-governmental payor requirements is a necessary component of healthcare provider operations. Kutak Rock’s healthcare attorneys are engaged regularly to advise healthcare providers with respect to the ever-changing regulations of the Medicare and state Medicaid programs and requirements that non-governmental payors impose upon participating healthcare providers. Specifically, Kutak Rock’s healthcare attorneys:
- Advise clients regarding reimbursement best practices and specific questions relating to reimbursement and billing practices;
- Represent clients in appeals involving rate adjustments or audit disallowances;
- Guide clients in constructing self-reporting disclosure documents;
- Represent clients in negotiating settlements with the Office of Inspector General investigators and state program integrity auditors; and
- Conduct continuing education presentations for healthcare clients regarding current audit issues and understanding how to manage the RAC, MAC and ZPIC reviews.