- J.D., University of Denver College of Law
- B.A., Miami University of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
Mark has substantial experience in all aspects of civil litigation including successfully representing clients in trial, evidentiary hearings to obtain a preliminary injunction, administrative hearings, arbitration and mediation. In addition, he frequently appears in bankruptcy and federal and state appellate courts on behalf of his corporate clients. With his broad litigation experience and emphasis on achieving his clients' specific business goals, Mark also assists corporate clients in managing risk management issues to minimize litigation exposure as well as negotiating and drafting various commercial, construction and lease agreements. He also conducts annual continuing legal education courses regarding landlord-tenant, civil litigation and real estate litigation matters.
While Mark predominately represents clients in the State of Colorado, he has been admitted pro hac vice and successfully litigated cases in Alabama, Illinois, Texas, Montana, Georgia, Iowa and Wyoming.
Because of his long-standing heritage in Colorado, Mark also believes in giving back to his community and devotes a portion of his practice to pro bono services. He currently serves as a member on the Denver Bar Association's Access to Justice Committee.
- Prosecuted contractual and other multimillion dollar debt obligations for numerous corporate lenders in state, federal and bankruptcy courts including successfully obtaining receiverships over commercial office buildings, multistate franchised restaurant operations, and multistate franchised convenient store operations.
- Successfully represented national banks, servicers and collection agencies in federal court actions alleging violations of the federal Truth in Lending Act, Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act of 1994, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Processed numerous real estate title claims on behalf of lenders.
- Represented numerous commercial and residential landlords with respect to evictions, lease violations, tenant improvements and other lease disputes.
- Counsel to developers, owners, general contractors and subcontractors in construction contract disputes and actions regarding the foreclosure of mechanic’s liens in connection with commercial and residential projects.
- Obtained verdicts in favor of corporate clients in trials regarding contractual disputes, fraudulent investment schemes, claims under the Uniform Commercial Code and the collection of non-consumer debts.
- Successfully defended corporate clients in state and federal courts on employment claims including breach of contract, wrongful termination in violation of public policy, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, Title VII and wage and hour claims.
- Successfully prosecuted claims for theft of trade secrets and breach of non-solicitation, non-compete and non-disclosure agreements including obtaining temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions protecting corporate assets, clients, trade secrets and other intellectual property.
- Represented primary and excess insurance carriers on claims for bad-faith breach of insurance contract and other insurance coverage disputes and successfully defended corporate insureds on claims for construction defect, premises liability, products liability and personal injuries.
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2010-2014