Stephanie L. Pierce
- J.D., University of Missouri School of Law, Associate Editor-in-Chief, Missouri Law Review
- B.A., University of Missouri
Stephanie Pierce is an insurance regulatory attorney in the Kansas City office, where her work focuses on providing counsel to insurance-regulated entities on a wide array of issues. Specifically, her practice includes assisting clients with market conduct matters, including responding to inquiries and investigations from state insurance regulatory agencies. Stephanie has experience coordinating the licensure of insurance companies, third-party administrators, managing general agencies, insurance agencies and producers and assists with required filings for the maintenance of such licenses. She has also worked with state insurance regulatory agencies to coordinate the formation and redomestication of insurance companies.
A significant portion of Stephanie’s practice has included directing and conducting insurance regulatory diligence for a number of regulated entities including, but not limited to, insurance companies and insurance agencies to identify and assess potential regulatory risks. Stephanie also has experience working with insurance-regulated entities to create employee handbooks and codes of conduct to meet both insurance regulatory compliance standards and business objectives.
Stephanie’s prior experience includes working as a legal counsel for the Missouri Department of Commerce & Insurance, where she served as counsel for licensing of service contract and insurance licensees, market regulation and administration.
Publications and Presentations
- Insurance Advertising Compliance Association Annual Conference, Health Insurance Advertising Compliance, 2018-22.
- "MGA or Not an MGA ... That Is the Question," New York Law Journal, June 3, 2022 (co-author).
- "Probable Intent v. Certainty: The Missouri Probate Court and the Uniform Probate Code," 80 Mo. L. Rev. 833 (Summer 2015).