- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, cum laude
- B.A., Carleton College
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Minnesota Institute of Public Finance
David has over 20 years of experience practicing in the area of public finance. David routinely serves as bond, underwriter’s, purchaser’s, trustee and borrower's counsel on tax-exempt bond financings for public and nonprofit colleges and universities, independent schools, industrial development facilities, hospitals and long-term care and other healthcare facilities, multifamily housing projects, and other 501(c)(3) organizations. He also serves as lender’s counsel on a variety of conventional forms of financing.
- Acts as bond counsel to several state governmental issuers in connection with the issuance of multifamily housing revenue bonds and senior housing facilities revenue bonds.
- Acts as underwriters’ counsel and bond purchasers' counsel in connection with numerous financings for hospitals, long-term care facilities, assisted-living facilities, senior housing facilities and other continuing care retirement communities.
- Acts as underwriter’s or purchaser’s counsel in connection with numerous financings for 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Acted as Bond counsel on multistate tax-exempt qualified 501(c)(3) bond financing programs.
- Acts as borrower's counsel to private universities in connection with higher education revenue board financings.