- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law
- B.A., University of Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- National Association of Trial Attorneys
- Nebraska Bar Association
Todd’s practice focuses on data security and privacy issues for clients across a range of industries, including healthcare, financial services and technology. He heads up the firm’s data breach response team and regularly handles breach analysis and response matters for clients of all sizes involving state notification statutes and federal regulations. Todd advises clients on creating and implementing privacy and data security policies as well as steps they can take to best prepare themselves for when a data breach hits. Todd frequently speaks at CLE’s and other events on data breach response issues and data breach preparedness.
In addition, Todd has significant experience in the areas of general commercial and intellectual property litigation, including breach of contract, trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty and defending companies in patent infringement suits. He also routinely advises clients on contractual matters involving intellectual property, including license agreements and indemnity matters. He has tried multiple jury and bench trials.
- “Special Briefing: Managing Your Program's Cybersecurity Risk,” NCSHA’s HFA Institute, Washington, D.C., January 2020 (panelist)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "AV Rating" in Litigation, Insurance and Intellectual Property