- J.D., University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, with High Honors
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, English
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Energy Bar Association
Jim focuses on public finance, banking, securities, energy and real estate matters. He has extensive general experience in transactions, including major asset and stock acquisitions and dispositions, bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in student loan finance, bond counsel on major university facilities financings, bond counsel for a state agency issuer of single-family housing bonds and bond counsel on Arkansas’s tobacco settlement revenue bonds. His experience includes working on legislation with respect to highway and tobacco bonds, tax increment financing and asset securitization in connection with electric energy deregulation.
- Representing issuers and underwriters in all areas of student loan finance.
- Serving as bond counsel for state finance agency for single-family mortgage revenue bonds.
- Serving as bond counsel on major higher education financings for stadiums, student unions, research hospitals and arenas.
- Drafting authorizing legislation and serving as bond counsel for tobacco settlement revenue bonds in Arkansas.
- Drafting legislation creating GARVEE highway bond program and enabling tax increment financing in Arkansas.
- Representing banks with respect to regulatory and commercial matters and working on major acquisitions and dispositions of media properties.
- Chambers USA®, Leading Corporate/Commercial: Municipal Bonds Attorney, Arkansas, 2017-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Public Finance Law, 2008-2021, 2023
- Best Lawyers®, Little Rock "Lawyer of the Year," Public Finance Law, 2012, 2020