- J.D., University of Missouri School of Law, Tax Concentration with Honors
- B.S.B.A., Washington University in St. Louis
- American Bar Association
- ABA Business Law Section
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Young Lawyers’ Section
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
As a member of the firm’s tax credits practice group, Trent assists a variety of clients, including corporate investors, national syndicators, private equity funds, major financial institutions, and upper-tier investors. His practice primarily involves the application of low-income housing tax credits, energy tax credits, historic rehabilitation tax credits, and other related federal and state financing programs. Trent’s practice includes an emphasis in corporate, partnership, and limited liability company law, as well as federal and state taxation law.
Prior to law school, Trent served as a financial analyst for a large energy company in Des Moines, Iowa. He also worked as an intern under the Honorable Willie J. Epps, Jr. for the U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, as well as an intern with a large accounting firm. Trent received his J.D. from Mizzou Law, where he served as Layout and Design Editor of the Missouri Law Review, as well as President of the Tax & Transactional Law Society.
Trent H. Hamoud, Note, Risky Business: Breakfast Sandwiches, Course of Employment, and Revisiting Missouri Workers’ Compensation Law, 87 Mo. L. Rev. 229 (2022).
Trent H. Hamoud, Note, A Contractual Dilemma: Where Arbitration Agreements and Delegation Provisions Collide, 86 Mo. L. Rev. 605 (2021).
- Drafted, negotiated, and reviewed equity documents, fund agreements, and investor side letter agreements for multimillion-dollar investments in tax credit-financed real estate projects located throughout the United States
- Prepared and issued tax opinions for tax credit-financed low-income housing real estate projects
- Conducted and documented pre- and post-closing due diligence for tax credit-financed real estate projects
- Reviewed and drafted multimillion-dollar commercial loan and reviewed tax-exempt bond documents in connection with multifamily real estate projects
- Representation of large institutional clients’ tax credit asset management divisions in transactions involving the transfer and/or disposition of partnership interests or assets, including the drafting of amendments and assignment and assumption agreements