- J.D., Washington University School of Law, Washington University Law Quarterly Editorial Board; Order of the Coif
- B.S., University of Nebraska at Omaha, magna cum laude
Jill represents participants in the affordable housing and historic tax credit industry. Her primary focus is on assisting tax credit investors and syndicators on equity and tax matters on lower-tier investments, including front-end structuring advice and strategy, negotiating and drafting key documentation, and analyzing and solving tax issues. Jill has assisted clients on transactions with any number of different financing sources and structures including projects utilizing income averaging, mixed-income projects, mixed-use projects, mixed-finance public housing projects, tax-exempt bond deals using LIHTC, projects which are financed by a combination of state and federal LIHTC (low-income housing tax credit) and state and federal HTC (historic tax credit), HUD Rental Assistance Demonstration projects utilizing LIHTC and projects using a combination of 9% and 4% LIHTCs.
She also has experience advising investors on the real estate and debt financing aspects of these investments. In addition, Jill's practice includes advising tax credit investors on various workout, syndication and asset management issues, including assistance with LIHTC and HTC exit strategies.
Jill is an active participant in the ABA Forum for Affordable Housing and Community Development, on which she is currently serving on the Governing Committee and Teleconference Committee. She co-chaired the Forum’s Mid-Winter Boot Camp in February of 2018. She has spoken on exit strategies, rehabilitation credits and analyzing financial projections in LIHTC transactions at various LIHTC industry conferences.
- “Income Averaging in Theory and Practice”, Urban Land Institute Fall Meeting, October 2018 (panelist)
- "Introduction to LIHTC Acquisition Credits," American Bar Association's (ABA) 27rd Annual Affordable Housing and Community Development Law Conference, May 2018 (moderator)
- “LIHTC Projections 101—Understanding the Financial Projections in a Lower-Tier LIHTC Deal – ABA 25th Annual Affordable Housing and Community Development Law Conference, May 2016 (panelist)
- “Numbers for Non-LIHTC Lawyers-Understanding the Financial Projections in a LIHTC Deal—ABA Affordable Housing and Community Development Fall Boot Camp, October 2016 (panelist)
- “LIHTC Exits—Tax and Business Considerations”, ‘ABA 24th Annual Affordable Housing and Community Development Law Conference, May 2015 (moderator)
- “Blue Light Specials—Structuring the Best Disposition Deal”, Affordable Housing Investor Council Fall Meeting, October 2013 (panelist)
- “Year 15 Deal Strategies and Execution”, Novogradac Affordable Housing Conference, May 2012 (panelist)
- “Year 15 Deal Strategies and Execution”, Novogradac Tax Credit Housing Finance Conference, December 2011 (panelist)
- "Documenting and Closing TCAP Loans and 1602 Exchange Funds, Affordable Housing Investor Council Spring Meeting, March 2010 (panelist)
- Represented investor in HTC/LIHTC investment in rehabilitation of a historic building in downtown Portland, OR core including low-barrier single-room occupancy units for Portland’s most vulnerable populations.
- Represented LIHTC investor in public housing transaction north of University of Chicago utilizing City tax-increment financing on land on which prior high-rise public housing project was demolished.
- Represented LIHTC investor in senior and family affordable housing developments in Hawaii (Honolulu and Hawaii County)
- Represented investor in HTC/LIHTC investment in rehabilitation of a historic landmark in downtown St. Louis, built in 1909, in one of the first lease pass-through closings in the U.S. structured under the new IRS HTC Safe Harbor (Rev. Proc 2014-12). The transaction also involved Missouri AHAP and State Historic Credits.
- Represent developer on Kiel Opera House Redevelopment Project in St. Louis utilizing lease pass-through structure with Federal HTC, NMTC, Missouri State HTC and Brownfield credits.
- Represented investor on LIHTC and state credit investment in all phases of large public housing project in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Represent investor on HTC/LIHTC combo project providing housing for senior order of nuns in O’Fallon, Missouri.
- Counsel to investor on HTC/LIHTC combo project involving renovation of former courthouse building into residential lofts in Kansas City, Missouri.