- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, with Distinction
- B.A., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Robert M. Spire American Inn of Court (past president)
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska (Federal Practice Committee)
Jeremy focuses his practice on construction law. He represents contractors, owners and design professionals in all aspects of construction disputes. He also assists clients with negotiating and drafting construction contracts.
Jeremy’s practice also includes insurance coverage disputes and insurance coverage litigation. He further has expertise in disputes involving low-income housing tax credits and other related state and federal financing products.
Jeremy formerly served as the chair of the Federal Practice Committee for the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska and is a past president of the Robert M. Spire American Inn of Court.
He has been named the Best Lawyers® 2019 Construction Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Omaha.
- American Lung Association (Nebraska chapter, Leadership Council)
- Voices for Children Nebraska (board of directors)
- Hands & Voices Nebraska (board of directors)
- Nebraska Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (board of directors, appointed by Governor Pete Ricketts)
- Managing Construction Projects in Nebraska, September 10, 2014 (Lorman)
- Construction Law for Public Projects, April 30, 2014 (Foxmoor Continuing Education)
- Design Professional Liability in Construction, March 19, 2013 (Kutak Rock)
- Construction Defect Litigation: From A to Z, August 15, 2013 (NBI)
- Ethical Considerations in Representing Joint Ventures, May 17, 2012 (Burns & McDonnell Joint In-House CLE)
- Fundamentals of Construction Contracts, July 30, 2012 (Lorman)
- Divided Loyalty: Ethical Considerations in Representing Joint Ventures, December 15, 2011 (Construction SuperConference)
- Assisted owner in terminating design-build contractor, completing project and litigating project cost overruns for $11 million automated warehouse facility.
- Represented owner in three-week arbitration regarding $50 million claim from contractor under an EPC contract. Matter settled favorably for owner following arbitration.
- Won summary judgment dismissing electrical subcontractor’s $1 million delay and interference claim related to the construction of Omaha’s CenturyLink Center.
- Resolved owner’s $1.5 million construction defect claim against contractor related to stone-veneer wall constructed by subcontractor through payment from subcontractor.
- Won summary judgment finding insurer was not required to provide insurance coverage for alleged design defects by architect and that second insurer was required to provide coverage.
- Defended contractor against owner’s $1 million claim related to post-construction settlement of office building.
- Negotiated construction documents for $323 million cancer center.
- Performed risk reviews regarding proposed construction contracts for Fortune 100 contractor.
- Best Lawyers®, Construction Law "Lawyer of the Year," Omaha, 2019
- Best Lawyers®, Construction Law, 2018-2020
- Benchmark Litigation, Future Litigation Star, 2015-2016