- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, cum laude
- B.S.B.A., Creighton University, cum laude
- Nebraska State Bar Association (Securities Law Section)
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation (fellow, 2010)
- Omaha Bar Association
Structured FinanceDale represents issuers in connection with term and variable funding securitizations involving a variety of asset classes, with a significant focus on credit card receivables. In addition, he represents banks and other borrowers in connection with other wholesale funding arrangements, including warehouse credit facilities, participation programs, and brokered certificates of deposit.
Mergers and AcquisitionsDale frequently represents buyers and sellers of businesses involved in a variety of industries, including banking, insurance, agribusiness, distribution and retail. He often assists banks and their holding companies buy and sell banks, branches and loan and lease portfolios. Dale also has significant experience representing family-owned and other closely held businesses in connection with sales to financial and strategic buyers.
Banking and Consumer Finance ComplianceIn connection with representing banks in transactional matters, Dale frequently advises on state and federal bank regulatory issues, including permitted activities, formation of subsidiaries, transactions with affiliates, capital, changes in control and related issues. Dale also often represents non-bank lenders in complying with the usury and licensing laws and regulations of all jurisdictions in the United States in connection with a variety of financial products and services and structures.
- “Highlights of the CFPB’s Final Payday Loan Rule,” Compliance and Litigation Issues for Banking and Financial Services Professionals Seminar, 2017
- “PHH Corporation v. CFPB-The DC Circuit Rules on the Power of the CFPB,” Compliance and Litigation Issues for Banking and Financial Services Professionals Seminar, 2016
- “Madden v. Midland Funding, LLC-Creating Uncertainty in Loan Sales by National Banks,” Compliance and Litigation Issues for Banking and Financial Services Professionals Seminar, 2016
- Representation of a regional multistate bank holding company and its affiliates, including a top-15 credit card issuer, in connection with term and variable funding credit card securitizations, as well as participation and warehouse credit facilities related to credit card receivables.
- Representation of the bank subsidiary of a publicly traded retailer in connection with term and variable funding credit card securitizations totaling in excess of $5 billion and brokered certificate of deposit programs.
- Representation of equipment leasing companies in connection with term securitizations and warehouse credit facilities.
- Representation of a casual dining chain in connection with a $1.8 billion whole business securitization.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representation of the bank subsidiary of a publicly traded retailer in connection with sale of its credit card portfolio and transfer of related securitization assets and architecture.
- Representation of a single-bank holding company in connection with a reverse triangular merger.
- Representation of an insurance company in connection with the sale of a shell subsidiary.
- Representation of a family-owned distribution company in connection with two private equity transactions.
- Representation of a family-owned agribusiness company in connection with multiple joint ventures and asset acquisitions.
- Representation of a closely held regional apparel retailer in connection with the sale to a private equity buyer.
Banking and Consumer Finance Compliance
- Representation of a federal savings bank in connection with regulatory approvals related to the sale of four branches in Colorado.
- Representation of a credit card bank in connection with obtaining favorable interpretive guidance from the FDIC related to the FDIC’s securitization rule.
- Representation of a non-bank lender in connection with state licensing and compliance issues related to its lending partnership with a state bank.
- Representation of a publicly-traded tax service provider in connection with state and federal compliance matters related to a variety of consumer and commercial loans.
- The Best Lawyers In America©, Banking and Finance Law, 2013-2014, 2017-2021
- Chambers USA, Corporate/Commercial Law, 2009-2012, 2014