- J.D., University of Arkansas School of Law, summa cum laude, Executive Editor, Arkansas Law Review
- B.A., Hendrix College
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- Washington County Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association (ABA Forum on the Construction Industry)
- W.B. Putman American Inns of Court group in Northwest Arkansas
- Arkansas Law Review, Inc. (committee member, 2014-2015)
Max represents businesses and individuals in construction, breach of contract, product liability, tort, and other commercial disputes. He has significant experience representing design professionals and contractors in multimillion-dollar construction cases, but also represents small and medium-size companies related to a range of legal issues.
In response to demand, Max has increasingly provided clients with legal and business advice during contract negotiations or before disputes arise. Many clients realize that the most cost-effective legal solutions involve avoiding litigation, or resolving disputes in a timely manner.
Max served in a seconded role as in-house counsel for more than two years with a Fortune 100 company, during which he handled hundreds of lawsuits and managed outside counsel in six states. As a result of his work, Max was also asked to lead a team of legal professionals responding to discovery requests received in state and federal litigation nationwide.
Max believes in civic engagement and has significant government experience. Prior to joining Kutak Rock, he provided services to political campaigns in more than five states and worked for the Office of the Lieutenant Governor in Arkansas. Max currently serves as a commissioner on the Washington County (Ark.) Election Commission, where he uses his skills in the realm of election law to advise election commissions and legislators regarding election law in Washington County and throughout Arkansas.
- Washington County Election Commission (election commissioner, 2014-present)
- Northwest Arkansas Office of the Lieutenant Governor of Arkansas (director of Public Affairs, 2008-2009)
- Obtained summary judgment on a multimillion-dollar case involving more than 20 parties involving a novel issue of Arkansas law for a subcontractor who was facing negligence, breach-of-contract and other claims from a general contractor.
- Represented a national design-build firm in a lien foreclosure and construction defect defense action involving over $80 million in claims; the case was favorably settled one week before trial.
- Obtained summary judgment for a trade contractor in a construction defect case involving almost $4 million in damages on contractual indemnity and contribution claims asserted by the project architect
- Represented a client in an insurance subrogation matter involving products liability claims against domestic companies and a foreign manufacturer.