- J.D., University of Arkansas School of Law, summa cum laude, Executive Editor, Arkansas Law Review
- B.A., Hendrix College
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- Washington County Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association (ABA Forum on the Construction Industry)
- W.B. Putman American Inns of Court group in Northwest Arkansas
- Arkansas Law Review, Inc. (committee member, 2014-2015)
Max represents businesses and individuals in construction, breach of contract, tort, premises and product liability, and other commercial and complex litigation matters in Arkansas state and federal courts. He also serves as an attorney for clients before local, state, and federal governmental entities and helps clients strategically advance their objectives through legal and governmental processes.
A pillar of Max’s practice is construction law. He has significant experience representing clients in a range of construction-related disputes, from defending design professionals and contractors in multimillion-dollar construction cases, to filing and foreclosing liens on behalf of small and medium-size companies. Max’s construction practice focuses on litigation, but also includes a proactive approach to assist clients with forming companies and drafting contracts and business agreements to comply with Arkansas law.
Tort & Premises Liability
Max serves nationwide as outside and trial counsel for Fortune 100 companies related to tort, product, and premises liability matters. Previously, he served in a seconded role as in-house counsel for more than two years with a Fortune 10 company, during which he handled hundreds of lawsuits and managed outside counsel in six states. As a result of his work, Max was asked to lead a team of legal professionals responding to discovery requests received in state and federal litigation nationwide.
Max has significant government experience and regularly represents clients before municipal, county, and state governmental entities in matters ranging from municipal rezoning petitions, to county-related issues, to representation before state boards, including the Arkansas Contractors Licensing Board, State Board of Education, and Arkansas Realtors Board, among others. Max has increasingly represented businesses and property owners related to property tax contests before county Boards of Equalization. This annual process occurs during the summer months and is subject to a statutory timeline.
Prior to joining Kutak Rock, he served as a staff member on political campaigns in Iowa, South Carolina, Delaware, Michigan, and Arkansas and worked for the Office of the Lieutenant Governor in Little Rock, Arkansas. Max currently serves as a commissioner on the Washington County Election Commission, where he uses his skills in the realm of election law to oversee elections in the county and to advise other election commissioners and legislators regarding election law in Arkansas.
- Washington County Election Commission (election commissioner, 2014-present)
- Northwest Arkansas Office of the Lieutenant Governor of Arkansas (director of Public Affairs, 2008-2009)