- J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, with Honors
- B.A., Wake Forest University, magna cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Kristin has served as bond counsel, issuer’s counsel, disclosure counsel, underwriter’s counsel, purchaser’s counsel and borrower’s counsel for tax-exempt and taxable student loan, healthcare and other nonprofit organization financings. Kristin's practice focuses primarily on student loan and health care financings and she has extensive experience representing underwriters and issuers in student loan finance transactions throughout the country. She also represents borrowers, including large academic and non-profit health systems, and underwriters in the highly technical healthcare and higher education finance fields.
Kristin has extensive experience in complex financings involving unique tax, structuring, disclosure and hedging issues. Her experience also includes acting as counsel in a broad range of other public finance transactions, including qualified 501(c)(3), private activity, qualified small issue, traditional municipal finance and exempt facility bond financings.
- “The Potential Impact of Tax Reform on Tax-Exempt Financing for Healthcare Institutions,” American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA), Real Estate Affinity Group, November 28, 2017
- Served as bond counsel and disclosure counsel for governmental and nonprofit hospitals in Colorado. Financings include multiple bond issues which allowed University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Hospital Colorado to move to the nationally renowned Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado.
- Served as bond counsel for state and local issuers and underwriter’s counsel in conduit financings, including qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit borrowings.
- Served as bond and underwriter’s counsel for tax-exempt and taxable student loan issues throughout the country.
- University of Colorado Health: approximately $197.4 million Refunding Revenue Bonds (bond and disclosure counsel).
- Denver Health and Hospital Authority: approximately $37.8 million Certificates of Participation (550 Acoma, Inc.) (bond and disclosure counsel).
- Children’s Hospital Colorado: approximately $243 million Colorado Health Facilities Authority Hospital Revenue and Revenue Refunding Bonds (bond counsel).
- The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society: approximately $220.7 million Colorado Health Facilities Authority Health Facilities Revenue and Revenue Refunding Bonds (bond counsel).
- Valley View Hospital Association: approximately $57.2 million Colorado Health Facilities Authority Hospital Revenue Refunding Bonds (bond counsel).
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Public Finance Law, 2023-2024