- J.D., University of Colorado School of Law
- B.S., United States Air Force Academy
- Colorado Bar Association
Barry assists a variety of clients throughout the country with complex financial transactions, including those incorporating Federal New Markets Tax Credits, State New Markets Tax Credits, and Low-Income Housing Tax Credits.
- Served as counsel to construction lenders on loans for the development of multifamily housing projects using Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
- Counsel to investors on various debt aspects of Low Income Housing Tax Credits transactions related to construction of projects, syndication, and debt refinancing.
- Represented qualified active low-income community businesses, community development entities and tax credit investors in New Markets Tax Credit transactions to facilitate the construction of projects in low income communities throughout the country.
- Served as special counsel assisting nonprofit organizations both in obtaining exemption from federal income tax and during participation in New Markets Tax Credit transactions.
- Prior to law school, Barry spent 11 years as an officer in the United States Army, serving in various leadership positions from UH-60 Blackhawk platoon leader in the Balkans to company commander with the 101st Airborne Division during Operation Iraqi Freedom.