- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, with Honors; Certificates: Environmental and Land Use Law, with Honors
- B.S., University of Florida, cum laude; business administration
- Florida Bar, Section on Environmental & Land Use Law
- William H. Stafford Inn of Court (2005-2011)
- Treasurer, Ox Bottom Homeowners’ Association
- 100+ Women Who Care - TLH
Katie represents large landowners in the planning and establishment of special taxing districts throughout the State of Florida, enabling landowners to utilize favorable financing options for the development of new communities.
Katie further counsels dozens of districts on matters including contracts, real property, public procurement and construction, ethics, public records, and litigation. She also utilizes the experience gained while serving as assistant general counsel for the Florida Department of Transportation in advising clients on administrative matters before state agencies. This experience includes private property rights, scope of easements, construction foreclosures, and contract and procurement disputes.
- Represents special taxing districts in matters relating to contracting, real property, public procurement, ethics, public records and open meetings.
- Represents special taxing districts in various disputes including foreclosures and bankruptcy matters.
- Served as assistant general counsel for the Florida Department of Transportation, 2005-2008.
- The Role of Community Development Districts in Florida, Florida Environmental and Land Use Law Treatise (2014) (Co-Author)
- The Intersection of Transportation and Florida Law, Planning Law and Ethics Workshop, Florida Section of the Institute of Engineers (2009)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Public Finance Law, 2023