- J.D., University of Colorado at Boulder School of Law
- B.A., University of Colorado, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Women in Public Finance (member of the National Board)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Colorado Women's Bar Association
- Colorado Poverty Law Project
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
Anne Bensard serves as bond, disclosure, and underwriter's counsel in a variety of municipal finance transactions—including general obligation bond issuances, lease purchase transactions (certified and direct leases), revenue-backed financings (secured by sales taxes, property taxes, tax increment, system revenues, intergovernmental revenue-sharing arrangements, and public improvement fees), direct loans to governmental entities, and credit-enhanced securities.
During her career, Anne has participated in over $500 million in tax-exempt municipal financings and has been an integral member of financing teams for hundreds of successful projects in Colorado. She has worked with a variety of issuers in transactions, including Colorado special districts, cities, towns, and counties and Utah public infrastructure districts.
Recently Anne worked as underwriter’s counsel on the first public infrastructure district transaction in Utah.
Anne has previously represented a variety of local governments in Colorado in water rights litigation and administrative matters as well as represented homebuilders in the purchase and sale of water rights. During law school, Anne was a research assistant at the Natural Resources Law Center at the University of Colorado Law School and a law clerk for Denver Water. She also has worked at the Colorado State Capitol as a legislative aide, where she assisted with agriculture, oil and gas, and water-related legislation.
- Author, "What receipts tell you about metropolitan districts," Colorado Real Estate Journal, 2020
- Author, "Special district debt: How nonpayment affects your tax bill," Colorado Real Estate Journal, 2019
- Author, "Court of Appeals ruling impacts tax-increment financing," Colorado Real Estate Journal, 2018
- Co-author, "The Colorado River and the Inevitability of Institutional Change," Public Land and Resources Law Review, 2011
- Presenter, "'How Did We End Up with this Debt?': Public Financing from Initial Issuance to Refinancing," Special District Association Conference, Keystone, CO, September 2019
- Presenter, "Campaigning on the Clock and Other Special District Election No-Nos," Special District Association Conference, Keystone, CO, September 2014