Nicholas R. Alvarez
- J.D., University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville, Note and Comment Editor, Journal of Food Law & Policy
- B.A., University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
Nick focuses his practice on corporate and securities matters, primarily focused on public company corporate governance, SEC regulations and Nasdaq and NYSE listing requirements. This includes advising on the full range of SEC public disclosure obligations, from proxy statements to current reports on Form 8-K. Nick also advises on year-end and annual meeting preparation, board and committee best practices, executive and director compensation, Section 16 compliance, insider trading regulation and Regulation FD policies. In addition, his practice includes other day-to-day corporate advice on transactional matters, corporate reorganizations, general corporate contracts and corporate formation documents.
Advising publicly traded companies on a wide variety of corporate and regulatory matters, including:
- SEC annual, periodic and current reporting compliance
- Annual meeting and proxy statement preparation
- Board and committee procedures and best practices
- Nasdaq and NYSE listing requirements
- SEC registration statements
- Section 16 reporting obligations
- Executive compensation and severance matters
- ESG guidance and reporting
- Mergers, acquisitions and other corporate reorganizations
Advising private companies on entity formation, private offerings, state corporate law matters, fiduciary duties, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and other day-to-day corporate and regulatory issues.
"Regulating the Food Truck Industry: An Illustration of Proximity and Sanitation Regulations," 12 J. Food L. & Pol'y 1 (2016).