Partner Jess Askew to Present “Class Action Myth Busters” in JonesboroNews | September 18, 2019
Jess Askew, a partner in the firm’s Little Rock office, will speak on September 19 at the Craighead County Bar Association in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
The program, titled “Class Action Myth Busters,” will dispel various misconceptions about class action cases including:
- whether a class action complaint can be removed to federal court;
- whether putative class members are represented by counsel;
- whether an Arkansas state court can decide a dispositive motion while a class certification motion is pending;
- the effect of interlocutory class-actions appeals; and
- a defendant’s ability to defend a case after class certification.
The event is open to members and guests of the Craighead County Bar Association.
Mr. Askew has defended dozens of class actions and secured favorable outcomes on a multitude of topics, including consumer rights, shareholder litigation, oil-and-gas leases, wage-and-hour claims, health care, insurance and products liability. He is co-author of “Shattered Class: Looking Beyond Certification in Arkansas Class Actions” published in the Spring 2019 edition of Arkansas Lawyer magazine.