Matthias Edrich Organizing National Association of Bond Lawyers' 2019 "The Institute"News | March 04, 2019
Kutak Rock tax partner Matthias Edrich is serving as vice chair of this year’s The Institute (formerly the Tax and Securities Law Institute) conference hosted by the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) March 6-7 in Bonita Springs, Florida. Mr. Edrich helped organize the conference and is responsible for planning all tax law sessions at the conference. Along with conference chair Tyler Smith, he will bring together recognized securities law and tax law experts to discuss advanced practice matters that broadly affect the public finance practice.
Hot topics include:
- Lessons learned from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Suspension of SLGS
- Amendments to Rule 15c2-12
- Advance refunding alternatives
- Opportunity Zones
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- New regulations concerning TEFRA approval
- Proposed regulations concerning reissuances of debt obligations
The Institute is the premier legal conference for discussion of tax law, securities law and general public finance law matters affecting the public finance industry.