- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, with Distinction
- B.A., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- North Dakota
- American Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- North Dakota Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- National Council of State Housing Agencies
John’s practice focuses on municipal bond financings and the programs they fund, with an emphasis on state housing finance agencies and affordable housing programs. With over four decades of experience counseling more than 40 state housing finance agencies and numerous local agencies, he has been instrumental in the development of numerous new types of housing financings and programs, both single-family and multifamily, and has been active in both federal and state legislative and regulatory processes (tax, securities laws and housing). John is a frequent lecturer concerning board member responsibilities and governance issues, as well as federal law developments affecting housing agencies, particularly securities laws.
- “Governance and Ethics,” National Conference of State Housing Boards, Annual Conference, 1997-2018
John has personally has been involved in over 350 governmental bond financings totaling more than $15 billion in the last decade, including single-family and multifamily bond financings, and traditional government bond financings, including financing leases.