- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- A.B., Harvard College, cum laude
- ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law
Kevin has deep experience structuring, negotiating and documenting all manner of technology and procurement contracting matters. He represents a wide variety of clients, primarily in the communications and financial services industries, across a broad range of technology law issues, including computer hardware and software; licensing and procurement; electronic commerce and the Internet; information services; outsourcing; data and data processing; technology/intellectual property due diligence, audits and compliance; and strategic and tactical counseling related to all of the above.
Kevin also has extensive experience negotiating and documenting all manner of governmental pension plan alternative investments. He regularly represents state and municipal governmental pension plans in large and sophisticated private equity, hedge fund and other alternative investment matters, both domestically and internationally. His alternative investment work covers a broad range of industries (including, among numerous others, real estate, retail, energy, pharmaceuticals, health care, technology, financial services, timberland, collateralized obligations, distressed assets and commodities) and jurisdictions (including the United States, Mexico, Asia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Cayman Islands and Luxembourg).
Kevin regularly represents a broad range of clients (with a particular focus on the financial services industry) in information technology law matters from both a transactional and dispute resolution perspective, including licensing, procurement, outsourcing, services and Internet-related matters. He has particular experience with administrative agency and regulatory matters, including in the areas of communications, transportation and property taxation.
- Electronic Commerce and Internet Law: Kevin is experienced in drafting and negotiating agreements for Web site development, hosting, linking, cross-marketing, promotion, advertising, co-branding and private labeling, content distribution and acquisition, affiliation and performance. He is also well versed in the issues related to e-commerce and online transactions, such as payment engines and mechanisms, encryption, privacy and security, digital signatures and domain names.
- Software Licensing: Kevin is adept in software license due diligence review, auditing, drafting and negotiating, from both licensee and licensor perspectives. He works with all types of licenses and sublicenses, as well as with value-added reseller, original equipment manufacturer, turnkey systems, software development, distributor, marketing, assignment and technology asset purchase agreements.
- Trademarks: Kevin conducts a full-scale trademark registration and counseling practice.
- Information Services and Technology Outsourcing: Kevin is experienced in all aspects of agreements for data center services, service bureau processing, data and transaction processing and technology servicing.
- Technology Law and Audits: Kevin regularly advises clients on the identification, protection and exploitation of copyrights, trademarks and service marks and trade secrets, and on the myriad legal issues related thereto.
- Federal Communications Commission, General Counsel's Office, 1994-1995