- J.D., University of Colorado Law School, Associate Editor - University of Colorado Law Review
- M.S., University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- B.A., University of Colorado, with Distinction
Lisa provides broad-ranging litigation and investigative services with special emphasis on cases involving misconduct such as breaches of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, theft, fraud, civil conspiracy, or sexual harassment or assault.
Lisa is an experienced trial attorney who has tried over fifty cases to jury verdict, including most recently a 2023 verdict in in favor of a municipality seeking damages against engineering consultant. With an undergraduate training in the sciences, Lisa thrives in complex litigation involving expert testimony and significant motions practice.
Lisa has a unique background and skillset that benefits her clients. She spent four years as a criminal prosecutor, handling thousands of cases while acting as an advisor to law enforcements with respect to on-scene investigations, witness interviews, and suspect interrogations. Lisa developed a special interest in cases involving sexual harassment and abuse. Inspired by her work as a prosecutor, Lisa pursued a master’s degree at the University of Oxford, culminating in a publication in the American Criminal Law Review regarding sentencing in sexual assault cases. That publication has been cited not only in academia, but actual judicial proceedings. Lisa lectures to a variety of audiences on topics relating to ethics in criminal prosecutions and the intersection between criminal cases and Title IX matters.
- Honorable Monica M. Marquez, Colorado Supreme Court, Law Clerk
Since joining Kutak Rock, Lisa has relied on these experiences in her private practice in various representations, including:
- Conducting an internal investigation relating to whistleblower allegations of violations federal immigration law;
- Assisting a client in navigating contact with law enforcements officers about potential criminal conduct of one of its employees;
- Obtaining a complete dismissal of criminal charges against her client prior to the first appearance in court;
- Reaching a favorable settlement in a personal injury action against a massage franchise on behalf of a sexual assault survivor;
- Reaching a favorable settlement on behalf of a corporate client against its former attorney, who stole millions of dollars in settlement proceeds, halfway through arbitration proceedings
- Prevailing at the Colorado Court of Appeals in an action against an insurance company for bad faith denial of benefits;
- Prevailing at the Colorado Court of Appeals and Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of a state-commissioned animal abuse investigator and her employer;
- Litigating multiple cases involving claims of bad faith in relation to the construction and operation of major public infrastructure projects