- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, cum laude; Creighton Law Review, Lead Articles Editor
- B.A., Regis University
Robert is a partner in Kutak Rock’s Omaha office and practices in the firm’s Public Finance Department and Secondary Markets and Derivatives Working Group. He concentrates on tax matters associated with multifamily housing finance, qualified mortgage bonds, and other tax-exempt bond deals in both primary market issuance and secondary market purchase and securitization transactions. He also focuses on tax-compliant structuring for issuers and purchasers of debt obligations as well as related derivatives. He has substantial experience as special counsel to lenders for the acquisition and documentation of interest rate hedges in multifamily housing transactions.
Robert also serves as counsel to sponsors, trustees, and liquidity providers of tender option bond programs including surveillance matters for both sponsors and investors. He has assisted clients with Dodd-Frank and Volcker compliance matters, including understanding new requirements for housing programs and securitizations, as well as other general corporate and securities issues.
- Interest rate hedging of over $1.5 billion in aggregate proceeds of over three hundred multifamily housing financings.
- Credit enhancement of tender option bond structures worth approximately $122 million.
- Deposit and securitization of municipal securities in tender option bond structures.
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch" in Corporate Law and Public Finance Law, 2021-2023