- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law
- B.S., St. John's University
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Supreme Court
Louis is of counsel in the firm's Minneapolis office.
- Litigated a partnership fraud in state and federal courts and won a $5 million award.
- Successfully defended a metropolitan watershed against inverse condemnation claims in Federal Court.
- Successfully challenged the Army Corps’ Environmental Assessment of its Mississippi channel project and a 40-year solid waste facility on client’s property.
- Represented Ultra-High Net Individual and FLP on mining operations, reclamation, and redevelopment.
- Consulted with engineers on land surveys, environmental permits, and zoning issues.
- Facilitated succession discussions among FLP partners.
- Counsel for metropolitan municipal watershed for over a decade.