- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, summa cum laude (1st in class of 217); Law Review
- B.S., University of South Florida, summa cum laude
- Bankruptcy Courts in Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Jere’s practice focuses primarily on special taxing districts and related foreclosure and bankruptcy litigation. In this arena, he represents a variety of clients, including both developer and resident controlled districts, as well as bondholders who have interests in such districts.
Jere previously served as a Senior Assistant General Counsel with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, assisting primarily with the Apalachicola-Chattahoochee-Flint River Basin litigation and Everglades restoration issues. He also previously worked as a federal judicial law clerk with the Honorable G. Kendall Sharp, United States District Judge.
- Serving as general counsel to special taxing districts, addressing among other issues, district establishment, boundary amendments, bond validation, bond issuance and financing, contracts, real property issues, procurement (and bid protests), Sunshine law and public records issues, and other local government issues.
Representing special district issuers and bondholders in complex, agreed upon debt restructuring transactions, including bond redemptions, tender offers, forbearance / forgiveness agreements, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, bond restructurings, and other “work-out” arrangements.
Representing special district issuers and bondholders in foreclosure and bankruptcy proceedings.
Representing clients in state and federal bankruptcy, trial and appellate courts, before the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings, before state and federal agencies, and in mediation proceedings.
Representing landowners and developers regarding the use of special taxing districts as a way to finance and manage infrastructure for development.