- J.D., University of Chicago Law School
- B.S., University of Kansas, with Highest Honors
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Arbitrage/Tax Seminar, former chair)
- American Bar Association (Section of Taxation, Task Force on Arbitrage Rebate Rules for the Tax Exempt Financing Committee, former chair; Committee on Tax-exempt Finance, Housing Finance Task Force, former chair)
Larry concentrates his practice in the tax analysis of financial transactions permitted by Sections 54A-54F and 54AA, 103, 141-150 and 1400N and 1400U of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. He has many years of experience in the legal tax review and structuring of numerous types of public financings, including Colorado district financings; district financings in other states; single and multi-family housing issues; higher education and student loan financings; hospital financings; major infrastructure and prepaid energy projects; water utility issues; public electric power issues; a wide variety of other major municipal facilities financings such as airports, docks and wharves, industrial development and pollution control bond issues; equipment and other asset pool financings; cash flow deficit financings; advance refunding and municipal swap and other derivative transactions; combination new market tax credit and bond financings; tax credit bonds and Build America Bonds.
In addition, he has assisted clients with arbitrage, refundings and computer-based financial structuring; analysis for issuers and borrowers of bond issuance and post-issuance compliance programs; and IRS bond audits, ruling requests and the IRS voluntary compliance program.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Public Finance Law, 2023-2024