John Schembari Presents at 2023 UBA Spring ConferenceNews | May 10, 2023
John Schembari, chair of the firm’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group, recently presented at the United Benefit Advisors® (UBA) 2023 Spring “Power of Trust” Conference in Charlotte, NC.
John’s May 7 presentation, “Top 5 Compliance Issues for 2023,” covered the following:
- The Consolidation Appropriations Act of 2021 and the No Surprises Act intended to prevent “surprise billing” or an unexpected balance bill.
- The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act that requires insurance coverage for mental health conditions, including substance use disorders, to be no more restrictive than insurance coverage for other medical conditions.
- ERISA 408(b)(2)(B) disclosure compliance, requirements and enforcement.
- Preparing for the end of the COVID-19 emergency and the resulting changes.
- Prescription drug reporting to the federal government by self-funded group health plans and fully insured health plans.
John’s May 8 presentation, “FAQs from the UBA Compliance Help Desk,” covered the Top 10 questions asked by UBA members over the last year.
The three-day “Power of Trust” Conference brings together UBA partner firms to connect with independent benefit advisor peers from across the U.S., Canada, and Europe to lead today's employee benefits market.
UBA is the nation’s leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 offices throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe. UBA empowers 2,000+ advisors to maintain independence while capitalizing on each other’s shared knowledge and market presence to provide best-in-class services and solutions.
John leads the firm’s national employee benefits and executive compensation group and focuses his practice primarily on minimizing his clients’ legal risks while ensuring that their employee benefits and executive compensation programs align with their goals.