John Schembari to Present Fiduciary Refresher at IFEBP’s 66th Annual Employee Benefits ConferenceNews | November 2, 2020
Kutak Rock partner John Schembari will speak at the virtual 66th Annual Employee Benefits Conference, hosted by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP), on Thursday, November 5. This year’s virtual format will allow attendees to engage in 40 sessions—ranging from legal and legislative updates to cybersecurity to innovations in mental health—offered over a span of three weeks and available for viewing through December 31, 2020.
Mr. Schembari’s “Fiduciary Refresher” presentation will focus on:
- Who is and what it means to be a fiduciary;
- The difference between settlor and fiduciary decisions;
- Potential consequences related to fiduciary breaches and liabilities;
- Recent case law and pending cases;
- Lessons to be learned from recent legal actions; and
- Best practices used by funds.
Mr. Schembari concentrates his practice primarily in employee benefits law and serves as chair of Kutak Rock's employee benefits and executive compensation group. He works with private, public and governmental employers on their employee benefit plans and compensation programs.