- B.A., University of North Carolina
- J.D., University of Denver
Mark focuses his practice on corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, securities regulation and corporate finance with a particular focus on capital formation in the areas of blockchain technology and digital assets. He regularly works with public and private companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and strategic investments.
- “Launch of Binance US Can Have Far-Reaching Effects on Crypto Market,” Cointelegraph, September 30, 2019 (quoted)
- “The SEC Agrees That an Eighth-Grader’s ‘Quarters’ Tokens Are Not Securities,” Client Alert, July 26, 2019 (co-author)
- “The SEC Clears an ICO Under Regulation A+: Blockstack Holds the First Regulated Token Offering,” Client Alert, July 16, 2019 (co-author)
- “SEC and FINRA Issue Joint Statement on Broker-Dealer Custody of Digital Asset Securities,” Client Alert, July 11, 2019 (co-author)
- “Digital Assets as Securities under Federal Law: The SEC’s New Framework as Applied to Kik’s 2017 ICO,” Client Alert, June 6, 2019 (co-author)
- “Crypto-Concerns: Initial Coin Offerings and the U.S. Securities Laws in the Wake of Aggressive SEC Enforcement Actions,” Denver Law Review, April 2019 (co-author)
- Assisted Atlas44, LLC, a technology company that provided financing solutions to the construction industry, in its sale to Propel Holdings, LLC, the subsidiary of a Philadelphia-based investment management firm.
- Worked with Park Cheesman Apartments, L.P., a multifamily property in Denver, and its owners in its $30 million asset sale to a Los Angeles-based multifamily office.
- Helped a healthcare company, the seller, in the contribution of its assets to a newly formed limited liability company and the sale of 85% of the membership interests to an established healthcare entity.
- Assisted a Colorado real estate company in the sale of substantially all its assets.
- Advised a medical practice in the contribution and sale of substantially all its assets and negotiation of physician services agreements.