- J.D., Creighton University School of Law
- New Hampshire
Robert concentrates his practice in complex litigation, including healthcare issues, insurance-related disputes, professional negligence, products liability with a focus on food contamination, personal injury actions, toxic tort litigation, contract disputes and commercial transactions. He has served as lead counsel in numerous bench and jury trials.
Robert has experience managing and overseeing cases in nearly all 50 states. He served as Regional Counsel for one of the largest clinical laboratories in the United States, defending professional negligence claims, an engagement that continued for over a decade and involved 100-plus cases. For more than 25 years he has continuously defended medical professionals against claims of malpractice in multiple jurisdictions. In addition, he has served as first-chair trial counsel in complex litigation involving forensic engineering following an explosion at a large manufacturing facility that caused multiple injuries, resulting in two deaths and millions of dollars in property damage. Robert has handled a wide variety of products claims, from the routine to the complex.
- "Legislative Prayer and the Establishment Clause: An Exception to the Traditional Analysis," 17 Creighton L. Rev. 157, 1984
- "Nebraska: Appellate Practice and Procedure," Lawyers Cooperative Publishing, 1995 (Co-author with the Honorable John T. Grant)
- "The State of the Art Defense in Product Liability Cases: A Fifty-State Survey," American Bar Association Section of Litigation, 1995, 2003
- Martindale-Hubbell®, Rated “AV” lawyer
- Super Lawyers®, General Litigation, 2009-2021
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, 2016
- Best Lawyers®, Commercial Litigation, 2013-2022
- Named one of Omaha’s “Top Lawyers”
- Chambers USA®, Leading Litigation: General Commercial Attorney, Nebraska
- Nominated a Nebraska State Bar Association Foundation Fellow and was awarded the Nebraska State Bar Foundation “Shining Light” Award for legal scholarship