- J.D., Arizona State University
- B.S., University of Arizona, Economics
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Jon is a commercial and civil litigator with an active generalist practice and has experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in commercial transaction disputes, real estate transaction and boundary disputes, insurance bad faith defense, lender defense, international law, products liability matters, and government defense.
Jon also practices employment-based immigration law and assists clients in developing and implementing regulation compliant immigration petitioning systems, including preparing H-1B, E-3, and other Non-immigrant visa petitions, preparing and filing PERM labor certifications, and filing Lawful Permanent Resident (green card) applications.
Jon has prior experience with criminal prosecution. Prior to attending law school, he was a commercial real estate broker specializing in retail leasing.
- Manage employment based visa sponsorship practice on a national basis.
- Established regulation compliant Non-immigrant visa and permanent resident (green card) programs for multi-state hospital networks, engineering firms, financial services firms, online retailers, cyber security firms, and IT consulting firms.
- Obtained E-3, H-1B, L-1, TN, and O-1 visas for foreign national employees of all types.
- Obtained defense verdict after three week jury trial in a health insurance bad faith defense matter.
- Prosecuted multi state business broker dispute.
- Prosecuted complex product defect, warranty, and business tort matter.
- Manage default actions for a major REIT on a national basis.
- Defended mortgage lender in upstream securities warranty dispute resulting from government take-over of a major financial institution.
- Defended big box stores in strict products liability actions.
- Defended Governmental official disputing jurisdiction under international law.
- Defended life and health insurers in insurance bad faith actions.
- Prosecuted “other insurance” contribution matter related to underlying professional malpractice action.
- Represented employer in obtaining injunction against workplace harassment.
- Defended state government in gender discrimination action.