- J.D., University of Missouri School of Law
- B.A., University of Missouri-Columbia, summa cum laude
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Greater Kansas City Society of Healthcare Attorneys
Mark has served as outside counsel to not-for-profit, faith-based hospitals and healthcare systems for more than 32 years. He has focused on tax-exempt organizations, and through long experience, has advised healthcare executives and administrators on all manner of practical and strategic decisions.
Mark provides answers to a broad range of healthcare questions. In his role as outside counsel, he has advised non-profit hospitals concerning regulatory compliance, reimbursement and risk management issues. Mark has structured and syndicated ambulatory surgery centers, assisted in the sale and monetization of healthcare real estate and represents physician groups, public health entities and clinics.
- Structured physician-hospital joint ventures for imaging, outpatient surgery, pain management and real estate development.
- Advised physician practices concerning Stark and Anti-Kickback compliance, corporate structuring and risk management policies.
- Focused on medical staff bylaws, governance and due process and has served as lead counsel in several medical staff disciplinary hearings and privileging disputes.
- Wrote or revised medical staff bylaws, policies and procedures for several healthcare systems and hospitals.
- Advised on patient consent issues under both federal and state laws.
- Interacted extensively with healthcare regulators on both federal and state licensure and regulatory matters.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Health Care Law, 26 years
- Super Lawyers®, 2005-2013
- Kansas City Business Journal’s 2018 Best of the Bar