- J.D., Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Executive Notes & Comments Editor, Jurimetrics: The Journal of Law, Science, and Technology
- B.S., Brigham Young University
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
Brian focuses his practice on the representation of creditors, corporate debtors, and trustees in all aspects of bankruptcy and other corporate litigation matters in the federal and state courts. Brian works closely with the firm’s partners in their representation of clients ranging from financial institutions and businesses to individual professionals, including in chapter 11 reorganizations.
Brian maintains an active relationship with his alma mater where he continues to serve as an Alumni Research Fellow for the Center for Law, Science, and Innovation at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. In that role, Brian stays abreast of developments involving legal issues in the science and technology industries, with a particular focus on ethics and neuroscience related developments, and is available, when needed, to mentor current law students with an interest in those areas of study.
Fluent in Spanish, Brian focuses his pro bono and community service efforts on serving in and supporting programs involving the Latin American and Spanish speaking community. Notable efforts include his involvement in starting the Immigration Initiative at Arizona State University, in partnership with community and religious organizations, which provides bi-monthly pro bono legal services in the greater Phoenix area and has served thousands of families since its beginning in 2016.
- Honorable Rebecca B. Connelly, Chief Judge, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia (judicial law clerk)
- “We Tortured Some Folks,” Science, Ethics, & Government in the APA Torture Scandal, 57 JURIMETRICS J. 81, 2016 (author)