- B.A., Boston University, summa cum laude
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- District of Columbia
John is of counsel in the firm's Corporate and Government Services Department. For more than 25 years John has successfully addressed legal and business issues facing the highly regulated telecommunications, financial services, and software industries.
Prior to joining Kutak Rock, John served as CEO of Mobex Communications, Inc., a nationwide carrier of wireless services, and BiTSR, Inc., a social media company. He also served as Director of Strategies for Smart Cities at American Infrastructure Partners; as Managing Director of Choctaw Telecommunications, LLC, a wireless communications company; and General Manager of MCLM and Critical RF, Inc. He started his legal career in private practice before becoming a general counsel.
John currently serves on the Board of Schurz Communications, Inc., a privately held broadband and managed services company with operations throughout the United States. He is also a founding and current Board Member of NASDAQ-listed company Oxford Lane Capital Corporation (Nasdaq Global: OXLC) and an Independent Board Member of Greenstone Acquisition Corporation, a Special Purpose Acquisition Company. He is founder of Children’s Hospital Artists, Readers and Musicians (CHARM), a Washington, D.C.-based charity that entertains young patients at their bedside. He is also the author of a children’s book.
- Director of Strategies, Smart Cities at American Infrastructure Partners from 2019-2021
- Managing Director of Choctaw Telecommunications, LLC from 2012-2019
- CEO of Maritime Communications/Land Mobile, LLC from 2006-2011
- CEO of Critical RF (a division of MCLM) from 2006-2009
- President and CEO of Mobex Communications, Inc. from 1997-2005
- Telecom attorney at Keller and Heckman from 1995-1997