- J.D., Rutgers School of Law
- B.A., Franklin and Marshall College
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Committee on Toxic and Hazardous Substances Litigation, Past Vice Chair of Publications
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Committee on Member for 2018 Mid-Year Meeting, Past CLE
- American Bar Association TIPS, Committee on Toxic Tort & Environmental Law, Past Chair
Deborah manages national litigation and serves as a first-chair trial lawyer. She focuses her practice on the defense of high-profile toxic tort, environmental, pharmaceutical, products liability and commercial cases.
In the area of toxic tort, pharmaceutical and products liability defense, Deborah’s experience includes representing clients with diversified products ranging from chemicals (benzene, asbestos, silica, adhesives, solvents, industrial premises and silicones), to engines (locomotive, jet engine, construction equipment), to pharmaceuticals (contrast agents), to medical devices (operating room equipment, diagnostic equipment), to agricultural (pesticides and fertilizers), to military equipment, to industrial products (natural gas compressors) and residential appliances (stoves, refrigerators, dryers).
In the area of environmental law, Deborah has defended private and public entity clients who were target defendants in a mass tort neighborhood suit alleging soil and groundwater contamination, property damages and medical monitoring, and has also handled the resolution of numerous environmentally contaminated properties regulated under both California and federal environmental regulations for both public and private entities.
- “Discrediting the Opinions of Plaintiffs’ Epidemiologists: Skills and Practice Pointers for Toxic Tort Defense Attorneys,” International Association of Defense Counsel Webinar, December 2015
- “Current Perspectives on National Toxic Tort Litigation,” In-House Insurance Company Mass Tort Department Legal Forum, Chicago, IL, October 2015
- “The Shield and The Sword: Using Corporate Witness Depositions to Strengthen Your Case,” In-House Corporate Legal Department Forum, Memphis, TN, May 2015
- “Lender and Lessor Liability," Equipment Leasing and Finance Association Legal Forum, Nashville, TN, May 2015
- “Defending Against Brand Attacks,” Corporate Counsel College of the International Association of Defense Counsel, Chicago, IL, April 2015
- National coordinating counsel in asbestos litigation for Fortune 100 company involving industrial premises, products and coke oven plants.
- Lead defense counsel for Fortune 10 company in California Judicial Council Coordinated Proceeding No. 4546 involving mass tort claims for exposure to gadolinium-based contrast agents.
- Arbitration award in the amount of several million dollars in favor of international real estate company seeking reimbursements of costs for environmental investigation and cleanup from former owner who caused the contamination.
- Lead environmental counsel for international real estate company on multiple contaminated sites in California seeking No Further Action findings from state regulators.
- Commercial arbitration award in favor of aviation company involving claims of $30 million in damages for interior retrofit of Boeing Business Jet.
- Verdict in favor of public entity client in code enforcement trial involving 40-year dispute over unlawful subdivision of residential apartment units.
- Verdict in favor of commercial manufacturer for breach of contract and fraud against a vendor of defective component parts for vehicle natural gas cylinders.
- Over 50 defense verdicts in mass tort trials in Lockheed Litigation involving claims of exposure to industrial adhesives used at Lockheed Skunk Works facility in Burbank, California.
- Coordinating counsel for benzene cases across the United States.
- Super Lawyers®, 2009-2010, 2013-2018