- J.D., University of Denver College of Law
- M.B.A., University of Denver
- B.S.B.A., Drake University
Jolyn, practices primarily in the area of general corporate and business law. She represents clients on corporate transactions with respect to formations, acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, and debt and equity financings. Jolyn represents companies in a variety of industries, including the retail, real estate acquisition or development, organic and natural foods, technology and financial industries. She also has counseled clients in the sale, purchase or reorganization of numerous motorcycle dealerships.
In addition, Jolyn routinely counsels clients on general business issues, intellectual property matters and employment-related topics including:
- Contract review, drafting and negotiation.
- Prosecuting and protecting trademarks and other intellectual property rights.
- Drafting documents relating to licensing, protection of proprietary information and copyright matters.
- Drafting and implementing handbooks, policies and employment contracts, including restrictive covenant contracts and termination contracts.
- Considering and evaluating termination issues including potential wrongful termination claims, unemployment, and final compensation issues.
- "Colorado Business Entities and the Role of Article 90," Colorado Methods of Practice, 8th ed. Vol. 1 (co-author)
- "The Corporation," Colorado Methods of Practice, 8th ed. Vol. 1 (author)
- Represented stockholders of a restaurant chain in the sale of all corporate stock for approximately $30,000,000.
- Advised a real estate holding company in a series of real estate acquisitions aggregating approximately $25,000,000.
- Counseled a company in a merger involving $250,000,000 in transactions.
- Represented a borrower in a $30,000,000 real estate secured facility.
- Counseled a borrower in a $227,000,000 syndicated facility.
- Counseled a borrower in an $11,000,000 construction facility.