- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, magna cum laude; Editor-in-Chief, Creighton Law Review
- B.A., Augustana University, magna cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Iowa Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
Kate's practice comprises a variety of real estate, financing, and tax credit transactions. She serves a broad range of client needs that include secured lending; real estate financing; sales and acquisitions; sale/leasebacks; construction financing; loan workouts, restructures, and modifications; commercial leasing; and low-income tax credits. Clients she represents include financial institutions, retailers, real estate investors, and other entities in transactions throughout the United States. Kate regularly represents and advises clients in multi-jurisdictional transactions of varying sizes with respect to documentation, structure, and diligence.
- Fourth Judicial District of Iowa, Judicial Clerkship, 2006-2007
- Representing leading lenders in the franchise industry in a wide range of syndicated and single-lender transactions throughout the United States, including structuring and documenting, creation of forms, corporate and collateral due diligence and workout and restructuring matters.
- Representing large national retailers with respect to the acquisition and development of retail sites across the region.
- Representing commercial real estate clients in the acquisition, financing, leasing and disposition of commercial properties around the country.
- Representing financial institutions and borrowers with respect to local law issues and opinions.
- Representing institutional lenders and banks in connection with low-income housing tax credit transactions.