- Harvard Business School, Advanced Management Program
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, Member, Kansas Law Review
- B.A., University of Kansas
- President of the Harvard Business School Club of Kansas City
- Formerly President and Member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Corporate Counsel (Mid-America Chapter)
For more than 30 years, Marc has served as legal executive and general counsel to companies in diverse industries serving national and global markets. In these positions, he has addressed and resolved a full range of legal matters for public and private companies in collaboration with corporate boards, senior management and professional teams. These have included board of director guidance, regulatory affairs and governmental programs, complex contracts, procurement, commercial litigation, human resources, labor, FCPA, international transactions, tax controversies and crisis management. He has also practiced as outside counsel with prominent corporate firms in the areas of corporate law, securities, M&A, real estate, publishing and intellectual property.
Marc has served on the Board of Directors of the Association of Corporate Counsel (Mid-America Chapter) and currently serves as President of the Harvard Business School Club of Kansas City.
- Corporate finance for corporate-wide programs involving restructuring, sale-leasebacks, public and private offerings for companies with revenues of $360M to $11+B.
- Board and executive group guidance and presentations on ethics and compliance, legal developments, corporate and product branding, crisis management and dispute resolution.
- Development of contract templates for procurement programs serving domestic and global markets in food production and telecommunications.
- Litigation in defense of significant corporate brands in domestic and international settings.
- Compliance enforcement and safety programs for international foods sales of over $11B.
- Negotiation with domestic and foreign governments and entities relating to distribution and export matters.
- General counsel to trading enterprise headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland with offices in 12 countries.
- Protection and enforcement of trademarks in over 80 countries, covering $4B in product sales.
- Negotiation of agreements for joint venture partner in grain storage, distribution and marketing, phosphate production, wheat marketing, crop nutrients, lubricants, propane and refined fuels, nitration fertilizer production and shipping and agricultural research with universities.
- Significant insurance recoveries relating to catastrophic events at manufacturing facilities.
- Negotiation of commercial leases and franchise agreements for national restaurateur.
- Resolution of significant tax controversies, negotiating directly with taxing authorities.
- Internal investigations related to import/export, procurement and employee relations.
- “Indispensable Skills: Advanced Contract Drafting and Negotiation”, Continuing Legal Education Program, The Missouri Bar (2013 – 2020)
- Pro bono representation in Jackson County, Missouri Family Court
“Marc is a curious and thoughtful intellectual who can see the big picture at 30,000 feet and then pivot, design and implement a plan of operation on the factory floor to reduce risk to the corporation while typically improving efficiency at the same time.” – John C. Fox of Fox, Wang & Morgan
- Martindale-Hubbell, “AV Preeminent” Rating – over 20 years
- “Best of the Bar,” Kansas City Business Journal