- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, Order of the Coif, Articles Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, Biological Psychology
- B.A., University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Psychology, summa cum laude, Sturgis Fellow
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
Eric serves clients in the healthcare industry in connection with transactional, regulatory, and operational matters, including the acquisition and disposition of healthcare entities, operational contracting, compliance issues, physician self-referral, fraud and abuse, delegation of medical services, the corporate practice of medicine, and digital healthcare.
Eric also has substantial experience in general corporate matters, including corporate formation, private offerings of securities, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Eric previously served as corporate counsel at a Fortune 100 corporation, where he focused on commercial contracting and transactional matters. Eric’s in-house experience provided a valuable perspective into client needs, and important insights into the delivery of efficient, practical, and timely legal counsel.
- “Digital Health Transactions,” Health Law Handbook, 2016
- “While Rules Evolve Telemedicine is Alive and Well in Texas,” Texas Lawyer, September 28, 2015
- “Key Issues in Joint Ventures,” American Bar Association Health eSource, Vol. 11 Issue 10, June 2015
- Provided regulatory and transactional counseling to hospitals and large physician groups participating in Medicare alternative payments models.
- Assisted in representation of a privately held provider of urgent care, family practice and occupational health services in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex in its acquisition by an affiliate of large, national hospital corporation.
- Assisted in representation of a physician-owned hospital in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a regional hospital.
- Assisted in the representation of a kidney transplant program facing deficiencies in its Medicare Conditions of Participation, including on-site evaluation of the program and the drafting of a mitigating factors application.
- Assisted in representation of a multi-specialty physician practice in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a regional health system.