- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, Order of the Coif
- B.S., University of Kansas, with Highest Distinction; Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Kimberly is a nationally recognized federal prosecutor who previously served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Minneapolis, MN, Phoenix, AZ and Kansas City, KS.
During her years of service with the U.S. Department of Justice, Kimberly led numerous investigations by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Internal Revenue Service, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Office of Investigations for U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Drug Enforcement Agency, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. She successfully prosecuted numerous cases involving wire fraud, mail fraud, bank fraud, Medicare fraud, human trafficking, child pornography, violent crime, as well as violations of federal drug and gun laws. She received the Director’s Award for Superior Performance from the Department of Justice due to her proactive prosecutions.
Kimberly's investigative experience with the United States has translated into a robust internal investigation and white collar criminal defense practice. She has been hired by audit committees, internal audit departments and boards of directors for a variety of internal investigations and advice as needed. She has also represented corporations, executives and board members in government investigations and parallel proceedings.
- Judicial Law Clerk for Honorable Mary. H. Murguia, U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2001-2002
- Assistant U.S. Attorney, District of Arizona, 2002-2008
- Assistant U.S. Attorney, District of Kansas, 2008-2009
- Assistant U.S. Attorney, District of Minnesota, 2010-2012
- U.S. Department of Justice, Executive Office of U.S. Attorneys Director’s Award
- Federal Bureau of Investigation, Director’s Award